WHO NEEDS A MOUTH GUARD?
A Mouth Guard is constructed by your orthodontist so that it doesnot interfere with normal occlusion and affords protection against injuries to teeth in contact sports.
There are two types of Mouth Guards.
1. Prefabricated Mouth Guards:
– Readily available
– They are not custom fit to individuals teeth so often the fit is loose
– These are not very effective when compared to Custom-made Mouth Guards
2. Custom- made Mouth Guards:
– They provide better fit and comfort to the patients
– They are less likely to affect player’s speech
– It affords maximum resistance to dislodgement since it fits accurately to individual tooth and arch form.
NFPM Poster Small